Monday, April 28, 2008

Missionary Farewell and Tulip Festival

Yesterday was a great day for many of us. Julie's nephew, John Anderson has his mission call to Hamburg, Germany and his farewell was yesterday. It was a really good Sacrament meeting and John did a great job. We had a huge turn out at Dave and Anita's for dinner after. Julie and I made a couple of salads that disappeared in a hurry. One was a sweet potato and black bean salad and the other was a soy bean and black bean salad. They both had corn in them and very light vinagrette dressings. They had lots of troops there and plenty of food. After we got done, Mike had called and left a mesage about the Thanksgiving Point Tulip Festival, so Julie called her sisters to see who wanted to go to see the tulips and we ended up with a big bunch at TGP to see the tulips. Several people there said they would get on the blog and get something in for this month.

Alison had said something about each person having an individual login and Jabe sent me the following instructions which I followed and it was really easy to do so each person who wants can have their own login.

"If you go into the Settings for the blog and then Permissions, you can add yourself as a contributor. Actually, I think you can have up 100 contributors for each blog, so everyone could get their own Blogger ID and then they'd be identified automatically when they logged in. I did it right after Allison put up that post (though I must admit I didn't know anything about it before then). I think you have to basically login as wasjb@wfrmls (or whatever) and then send a permission email or something to the new user account you want to add (so you could add Shash if you wanted). If I remember correctly, what it does then is it emails a link to you, which you then have to click on to make yourself a user. If you go to the Wanderer blog you will notice that it shows both me and Allison, as well as the Family one you set up, on the left side under contributors."

You will each have to use the login I emailed you to get in, then you can follow the instructions above and set up your own login and password.

1 comment:

Alison Wonderland said...

I've emailed invites to everyone JB sent the blog info to. so if you got it go ahead and follow the links and here you'll be.