Thursday, October 2, 2008

Traffic Meter Lights

Today is a soapbox day - I get on the freeway at 1600 North in Orem pretty much every morning and we have a new metering light to deal with. You just have to love the logic of UDOT. They changed what has been 1 lane for years and years into 2 lanes so they could put up 2 lights so you merge back into 1 lane to get on the freeway!! Plus it is an uphill on ramp so what the lights really do is make you stop so you can't even get a decent run and get up to speed to merge into the freeway traffic. I suppose they have all kinds of data and research about how great the metering system works but for those of us in the trenches every day, it just doesn't make any sense. This is actually only one of a long list of things I would love to discuss with UDOT but I think I will give up for now. Hooray for UDOT!!

On the bright side I stopped at Thanksgiving Point yesterday and got to visit with Mike for awhile. We talked about family and business and had a great visit. Friday is the last Farmers Market at TGP - Julie and I haven't made it there once this year - I can't believe how fast the time goes by - so we are going to try to get there on our way to Salt Lake on Friday.

From what Megan says it sounds like they are having great fun in Vernal - sure hope to hear from more of you - how and what you are doing!!

No comments: