Tuesday, October 7, 2008

What a Week!

So we got our super adorable puppy last weekend. He is so cute and we just love him. He has been a bit of a stinker but we knew going in the small dogs and male dogs are harder to potty train. Our breeder didn't help us out with that much by letting him only use potty pads and never really introducing him to grass. It has been quite the week. He is now sleeping through the night which is such a blessing (I really love to sleep) and he is mostly pretty sweet. He is definitely part schnauzer as he is a sniffer and a digger.

In other fun news, the reason I have not posted a million cute pics of our boy is that our computer that we have had for three years and that has been across the country and world with us is finally dead. We have replaced our power cord four times and this time it has only been about a month and it will not stay powered without pushing the cord in the back with all your might. Even then I can only get enough charge to see what emails I have received but not enough to actually read them. I think it is time to officially call it quits. If anyone knows where I can get a cheap desktop let me know. I now have to do all my computer work at school and I try not to stay here any more than I have to. As soon as I find a genius way to get my pics from my camera to the web without a computer I will let you know.

Nate's mom and sister and her kids came to stay with us last weekend. We had a good time in spite of all the very un-Boise-like weather. This town is so geared to the outdoors that when it rains there is NOTHING to do. Bowie was in heaven with all the kids to play with though. We are going to get him good and socialized with all the visitors we have had and will have in the next few weeks.

I would love to comment on my favorite conference talks but with all the craziness this week/month/year/lifetime they are all still just sitting on my tivo. How I would just love to have 8 hours to spare!

1 comment:

Kristin said...

Alayna,
Check Craig's list for a cheap desktop. I saw a few pretty cheap that it would be worth the shipping!