Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Just Some Stuff

It's already a new month and a new issue - those who get it by mail have been mailed to. Just got back from a Red Cross Charity Golf Tournament that I have been playing in with some of my friends for a few years. It is a major fund raiser for the Northern Nevada chapters of the Red Cross and we got involved a few years ago because my buddy Dave Gunn used to be the director of the Provo Chapter.

We had 2 great 4 Wheeling adventures in May - our club ride was to Richfield and we did a couple of spectacular trails down there then over Memorial Day weekend we did Lockhart Basin in Canyonlands over 3 days and 2 nights. Camping was fun and we had a great time - there wasn't a lot of 4 wheeling until the very end - I will get a picture or 2 on.

Finally got the baptisms done for all the names that Uncle J.B. sent me - I got about 75 names from him, so now we can get started on the rest of the work. I did the baptisms with some kids from our Ward and their leaders and it was really a fun experience.

I read Alison's story and liked it, but then I read the comments and I don't get the joke - so will Alison or Jabe tell me what I am missing?? Thanks to all who wrote in May - I hope more are reading than writing and encourage all to take a minute and write something - we haven't had a good story from Duane in quite a while!! And the pictures are great.

We are doing a Dutch over affair with Julie's family this coming weekend - we should have around 70 or so at her Mother's house so we will be doing quite a few Dutch ovens!!

I need to get a head count for our upcoming reunion - soooooo Steve, Paula, Peggy, Mike and Penelope - I need a tribe count from each of you to help us plan meals etc. Don't forget:
WASHBURN REUNION
JUNE 27-29
Mike's house on Friday afternoon
Thanksgiving Point (Saturday)
Mike's Church Staurday Night
for food and Talent show.

3 comments:

Jabe said...

It was nothing, really. I regularly read Allison's personal blog, and she posted that same story on her blog a week or so ago. That was it.

Alison Wonderland said...

You can read it too if you so desire. alisonwonderland.wordpress.com
if that's linked it's because I'm a computer genius. If it's not well, you'll have to cut and paste.

Alison Wonderland said...

I'M A COMPUTER GENIUS!!!!!! Muwahahahahaha!
(Possibly an evil one at that.)