Monday, September 29, 2008

Birthdays I can think of !!

In September we have Jeremiah on the 26th and Jabe on the 29th, then in October we have Debbie on the 11th and Peggy on the 12th. I'm pretty sure there are others I am missing - don't stone me please!! Just put them in so we will all know!!

Anyway, Happy Birthday to all of you, those I can remember and those I can't! Take a drive up one of the canyons and look at the colors - they are getting to be spectacular - I was up American Fork Canyon on Saturday and had a chance to look at the leaves while I was picking up garbage for about 4 hours - we gathered tons of garbage and some of our people built fences for the Forest Service - at one of our locations out west they pulled up about 1 and 1/2 miles of old fence and planted 3500 trees!! I think we had a total of about 250 volunteers and put in about 1300 man hours.

My tomatoes are getting huge and the salsa has been fabulous - I pretty much take it to every party, meeting, picnic and outing we go to and everybody loves it and wants the recipe. I finally sort of invented one but I don't use is and I don't measure so it gets a little tricky!! We were making quesadillas the other night and I had run out of the bottled jalapeno slices so I took a bright red jalapeno from the garden and cut it into rings and put it on my quesadilla. Whew!! I almost had to get out the fire extinguisher - it was seriously warm!! So if you want any jalapenos let me know - I have lots and they are spectacular.

No comments: