Monday, September 15, 2008

Time Flies

Thought I would take a minute and report in. We did a trail called Bear Canyon this past weekend with our club - it runs between Moroni and Manti down the mountains on the west side of that valley - we saw some spectacular views of the Manti Temple from up on top. You can go to http://www.facebook.com/p.php?i=1127614926&k=YYDTYZPXTXYM5ACAPG35S3
and look at the pictures that Julie pasted in her FaceBook thing. We got new gears in the Jeep and I got a front locker from Julie for my birthday so Jeeping is a lot different now. This run was more like a Sunday afternoon drive, just scenery and visiting - no real obstacles - I barely had to put it in 4 wheel drive. We also got a tour of one the mountain top microwave tower areas. One of our club members is about to retire from Utah Power and Light and maintenance on those tower has been his job for years. It was pretty cool to see them close up and get a little explanation of how they work.

I haven't made near enough salsa this year but the days are slipping away and I am doing the best I can. I have Roma tomato plants 6 feet tall and 4 feet across and tomatoes the size of big oranges. Also have lots of peppers of various kinds, colors and sizes and I have been eating them like crazy. We had lots of squash earlier in the season and it was really good.

I talked to Lark L last night and they are doing OK - Mom finished another quilt last week and has 2-3 more in the works - she is now well over 170 quilts. They do keep her busy. Dad says he is thinking of tearing down the Gothic arch - he hasn't been able to work on it since the 4th of July and thinks maybe it should go down instead of up.

Hope you are all well - hope some of you are reading the blog - I'm not seeing much activity here.

No comments: