Tuesday, September 30, 2008

It's About Time...

Let me just begin by saying (writing?) that if you thought of those commercials for the Church when you read the title of my post, you are not alone (though you, too, may need psychological help). I wasn't thinking that at all, until after I typed it. Immediately after I had the first thought, I couldn't read the title anymore without hearing the ellipsis between "about" and "time" in my head.

I haven't written for a long time... I suppose the justification for that is that I was waiting to be able to announce my new job... which I still don't have yet. I started looking at the end of April, and I think there's a very good chance that I'll finally have one by the end of this week (although, in fairness, I thought that last week, too). So, since I have nothing interesting to report, but I haven't written for a while, I'm ready to write something... less interesting.

AJ is growing up at an alarming rate (as kids that age always seem to do). He will be a year old next week. He walks pretty well, although he learned to walk on carpet and without shoes, so it sort of threw him for a loop when we started putting shoes on him. He doesn't love walking on hardwood floors, concrete, or other non-carpet surfaces, but he's starting to get the hang of it. He's been trying to talk for a while now, but he doesn't really say anything intelligible. He does mimic what we say fairly often. His latest is "hot dog" though it really doesn't sound anything like "hot dog" in English. Maybe in another language, but...

Going back to work (assuming that ever happens) is going to be weird for me. I've been home during the day with AJ virtually every day of his life...

Alexa is healthy and happy, enjoying 3rd grade and has recently developed a love of bowling. Well, maybe love is too strong a word. She started a Saturday morning bowling league last week. We will have to see if it sticks.

I promise to write again when I get a job. Hopefully that means you'll be hearing from me very soon.

No comments: