Thursday, May 1, 2008

From GrandPa and GrandMa

Blanding City April 29th-08

Dear Wandering Bloggers( whatever that means)

The force was with me and the cherry pie, promised for my Valentines Day (didn’t happen) re-promised for my birthday (didn’t happen), showed up and was I eating high on the hog! Perchance the hog was eating high, ‘cause I accidentally got most of it. T’was way good.
Tuesday the 28 the Granny and I were off to Red Canyon to see the Purple Sage and talk to the rock and of course check on the chickens. (Chukar Partridges) Well, the dumb Purple Sage was like the dumb tulips Mike raises and there was no, none, not any in bloom. Maybe later. The only chicken (partridge, no pear tree)we saw was miles from where we normally see them. However the Indian Paint Brush was majestic. The Primrose was spectacular. We encountered 4 deer. One beautiful hawk. We feasted on Diet Mountain Dew, Sandwiches and Peanut Nut rolls. In addition and also I was in exceptionally good company all day long and the day was declared a success by one and all.

After only seven years of service, we sustained a new Bishop last Sunday. Hopefully the new Bishop will pay more attention to our needs and bring groceries and good stuff around.
Occasionally. After all it has been nearly 20 years since I have had gainful employment, and the Grandmother for one is beginning to doubt if I am really look for a job.

A yearning to rock my two youngest granddaughters, and the small Sectarian grandson, as well as a whole bunch of gorgeous great grands, there for I threaten to venture north in the next week or two or three. The grandmother makes a list, admits she doesn’t trust my driving and says I want to come to stock up on ice cream.

The Grand Mother says she will pay for the Reunion Costs at Thanksgiving Point and likely for the Catered cost at the church or wherever. Pres. Monson said, “Don’t let your yearning exceed your earning.” Good advice. Love by the bushel and peck.

Lark L (GrandPa)


Placed on the blog by J.B. with some help from Penelope and my computer buddy Mark Bird.

I got this note from Alayna and decided I would stick it on here:

Dear family,I will keep this very short as I do not have much to say. Nate graduates on May 18th and we move the week after to parts still unknown. Isn't life a fun adventure? On the bright side I get to quit my job here in a few weeks! I will give you all our new address as soon as we have it. If you think of it, please say an extra prayer for us and the job search. We love you!Alayna Sechrest

No comments: