Friday, May 30, 2008

It's Summer"

Technically, I don't think it's warm enough to be summer. But the fact that school is over definitely qualifies it. We have been out of school about a week now and mostly I'm working on making summer go slower than the school year. Actually we have spent the last week in Vernal. We went up to see Duane's parents who seem to be doing pretty well despite age and ills, celebrate Lukie's birthday late, celebtate Jake's birthday, spend time with various kids and grandkids, and so that Duane could look for a job. We stayed at Meg's and really had lots of good food and good company. Molly, Paxton, Gavin, and Savannah came out for a few days. And Marisa also came up for a few days. Lukie got a small plastic pool with a giraffe slide and also a slip 'n slide for his birthay. It was'n really warm, but evidentally warm enough for the kids and they had a ball. We also went bowling, wow we're bad, and laughed and had a good time. We spent time with Jacqueline and Dylan, and also Laramie (Anna's little boy). We are now home to lots of yard work. I have a couple of workshops in Salt Lake and Midway in June and am really looking forward to the reunion.
I was sad that I couldn't make it to Maggie's baptism (Allison's family is lucky that they live so close and we really appreciate them being so supportive), but I did go up the week before and take her for a pedicure for her birthday. She loved it and said that's what she is going to request every year. I told her that would be okay, because I was always ready for a good pedicure.
For Mother's day my girls gave me some flowers and then also the neatest book. It has pictures of all of our family, in order. So it starts with Duane and me and then has double page spreads of each of our kids and each of their kids. It is awesome and will be cherished for a lifetime. I'll bring it to the reunion for all to see.
Casey and Marisa are making great progress on their new house and hope to be moved in by the end of June (cross your fingers).
Molly, Gavin, and Savannah are coming down for the weekend, and we are very excited to have them here.
Well, I'm off to the school to ready my room for summer cleaning. Much love to all of you. Pen

No comments: